At Bill Coats Law, our 20 years of experience have shown us what our clients are really looking for. Having successfully managed hundreds of cases, we also know what our clients need.
Our core values are empathy and grit.
Empathy – caring, listening and understanding
- We do our best to always listen to, care for and understand our clients.
- Our goal is to provide outstanding service.
- We limit the number of cases we take so that we can provide high quality service.
Grit – persistence and determination
- We are persistent and determined to attain our goal - to obtain a full settlement that will secure the financial future of our clients.
- We do all in our power to achieve excellent results for every one of our clients.
Learn more about Bill Coats and his team
- Founding Partner, Bill Coats Law (2014 - Present)
- Partner, Brett Murphy Coats Knapp McCandlis & Brown (2010 - 2014)
- Partner, Brett & Coats Personal Injury Attorneys (2006 - 2010)
- Attorney, Brett & Daugert (2003 - 2006)
- Assistant Attorney General, Washington State Attorney General's Office (2001 - 2003)
- Trial Lawyer, Whatcom County Public Defender's Office (1995 - 2001)
- Tulane University Law School - Juris Doctor, graduated with honors (1994)
- University of Washington - Bachelor of Arts (1991)
Admitted to Practice:
Washington State (1994)
- Whatcom County Judicial Evaluation Committee - Member (2014 - Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Eagle Member (2003 - Present)
- American Association for Justice - Member (2000 - Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Member (1995 - Present)
- Whatcom County Bar Association - Member (1995 - Present)
What Bill’s clients have to say
“In 2012, I was rear-ended on the Guide Meridian by someone who was texting. I tried to negotiate my own case, but the insurance adjuster made it difficult to settle, so I hired Bill Coats. Bill and his paralegal always returned my calls, kept me updated, answered my emails, everything. I always knew step by step how my case was going. Bill explained everything. I felt like Bill was working with me as a team. The entire experience was great and I received a settlement that was twice the size of what the adjuster was willing to negotiate with me. My case also settled quickly, which was wonderful. I was so impressed with Bill. I would highly recommend Bill for your personal injury case. He's the best!!! ” Nannette
"I had the pleasure of working with Bill and his office staff with an auto accident claim. The relationship was smooth, professional and caring from the very beginning. I was told what to expect in layman's terms and all the information provided was true to their word. I would absolutely recommend Bill to anyone looking for complete and comprehensive legal advice." Lee
“My grandson and I were hit by a car in a parking lot. My grandson was not injured but I was knocked to the ground and had serious injury to my shoulder. This was a very difficult time for me in many ways and I am happy to say that Bill made it as easy as possible in dealing with the bills and insurance company. Bill and his staff were there whenever I had questions with quick and correct answers. I am a RN and was very impressed with their knowledge of the health care system. My case went very smoothly and rather quickly – my sister was in an accident around the same time as me and also had surgery. My sister is still dealing with everything and is having a hard time communicating with her lawyer to get a completion to her case. I highly recommend Bill Coats and his staff! There was never a time when I did not feel that they had my interest on the top of their list. I had a hard time dealing with the all the pain and appointments and changes in my everyday life but never did I worry about the bills or dealing with the insurance company- I always felt they cared and worked to get the best for me. My case was settled and I am very happy.” Diana
"I will be forever thankful for Bill and his team, they helped me in a time when I felt completely hopeless and made me feel like I wasn't alone. They're hard work and dedication paid off greatly and thanks to their help, I can finally get my life back on track. Thank you so much." Amariah
“Bill and his staff were so great to work with. They were always professional and kept me informed in every step of the process. They were compassionate to my injuries and took all time that was needed to make sure that I understood my rights and responsibilities. Thank you so much Bill.” Kim
“I very much appreciated the efficiency and professionalism of Bill Coats as my attorney. He helped me out during a difficult time in my life and showed that he was compassionate, understanding of my situation, and truly cared about the outcome in my case. I could not imagine receiving the same level of service from many other lawyers. Bill far exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond what I would consider the typical attorney/client relationship. There is no question that I would recommend Bill to a family member, friend, or acquaintance in need of an excellent attorney that I know would be dedicated to his or her cause.” Adrian
"I got into the accident while I was a minor and my family had just moved away (I was a graduated minor) and I was so worried about everything that was going on throughout the entire case. Bill Coats had kept me well informed and worked really hard to get me what I deserved and what I wanted. I felt very comfortable talking with him and I was glad to have someone looking out for me. I highly recommend Bill Coats." Personal injury client
Associate Attorney Tiffany Bailey
- Widener University, Chester, PA - Bachelor of Arts in English (2012)
- New England Law, Boston MA - Juris Doctorate (2015) Magna Cum Laude graduate
Admitted to Practice:
- Admitted to the New Hampshire Bar Association (2015)
- Admitted to Washington State Bar Association (2016)
- Washington State Associate for Justice - Eagle Member (2015)
Associate Attorney – Bill Coats Law (2016)
Legal Assistant – Bill Coats Law (2015 - 2016)
Legal Intern – Law Offices of Cynthia T. Runge (2013 - 2015)
Paralegal Nichole Finkbonner
Nichole has 15 years of experience as a paralegal in personal injury law for small and mid-sized law firms, ensuring her ability to efficiently and effectively manage your claim start to finish. Nichole works closely with clients to keep them updated on their cases, and to move their claims through the process as quickly as possible.