Sedro-Woolley Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
When an injury or crash is caused by a drunk driver in Sedro-Woolley, injured people need legal help
Injury attorney Bill Coats has worked with many clients injured in collisions caused by drunk or drugged drivers in Sedro-Woolley. Through his years of experience, Bill knows that:
- Many drunk drivers and drugged drivers are repeat offenders;
- Many should have monitoring devices, like ignition interlock devices, installed in their vehicles, but they don't;
- Many are under the supervision of parole officers who should be monitoring the offenders' behavior, but aren't;
- Drunk drivers who are underage obtained the alcohol illegally; the person or establishment who provided it can be held responsible;
- Many drunk drivers have been over-served in bars, taverns, or restaurants, making those establishments responsible in part for the resulting DUI accident.
Sedro-Woolley victims of drunk drivers have resources available to help them move forward
After an accident with a drunk driver, injured people and their attorneys need information as they prepare the insurance claim. Here we offer links to various organizations, including:
- The Sedro-Woolley Police Department usually produces a traffic collision report after an injury crash. This report is a crucial piece of information needed to determine liability in a crash.
- The Sedro-Woolley Fire & Rescue Department often will respond to the scene of an injury collision, and they also produce important reports that will support your insurance claim.
- The Washington State Patrol is the repository for the state's collision records. The agency receives all Vehicle Collision Reports from law enforcement officers at the state, county, city, and town levels, along with civilians that report their own collisions. These reports are written for each vehicle collision resulting in injury or death of any person, or damage to property to $1000 or more. Go to this link to request a copy of a police collision report.
Sedro-Woolley's major nearby hospitals include PeaceHealth United General Medical Center. These medical providers will provide copies of your medical records and bills following treatment, which will be needed to fully support your claim. Bill Coats and his team will obtain copies of these reports as they work up your personal injury case.
Why it is crucial to launch a Sedro-Woolley drunk driving claim immediately
One absolute truth we know about impaired-driving crash claims is that it is crucial to immediately locate and speak with witnesses to the drunk driver's actions prior to, during, and after the collision. Bartenders, waiters, and other patrons often hold the key to information that enables Bill Coats to fully support his clients' claims. But witnesses tend to disappear or have hazy recollections of events, so immediate contact is necessary to preserve a claim.
When a Sedro-Woolley drunk driving accident results in a serious injury or a fatality, Bill Coats can help
When an injury is serious or a death occurs, contact Bill Coats to manage the financial recovery process by launching an insurance claim. Bill's years of experience enable him to efficiently and thoroughly manage your case to achieve the full settlement you are entitled to.
Since Bill Coats Law offers a no-cost consultation and works on a contingency basis, meaning that there are no up-front costs and all fees are paid when the claim is settled, there is no downside to contacting us immediately, to learn more about your rights and options.